In my most recent conversation with my friend W, I asked him which of my recipes he'd like me to send him. Without hesitation, he replied, "Your tomato salad. It's amazing." That comment made me think that perhaps my blog readers would also like this "amazing" recipe. (I just hope it's amazing enough to make up for the fact that I haven't written a Cooking School post in almost two months....)
And so, without further ado, I give you
2 lbs tomatoes (a mixture of varieties and colours is good)
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsalmic vinegar
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
Chop tomatoes and place in a colander over a bowl. Season with sea salt and let sit for 20 to 30 minutes. Drain liquid and place tomatoes in a clean bowl. Dress them with olive oil and balsalmic vinegar. Add garlic and basil and toss together. Serve at room temperature. (The leftovers are fantastic served over rotini pasta.)
2 comments:
I just drooled all over the screen reading the recipe. Worth the two months. YUM.
I love to make this in the summer. I just go out to the veggie patch, pick some tomatoes, stop off at the herb patch for some basil, come into the kitchen and make it.
Summertime in a salad bowl!
Post a Comment