Pages


"What wouldst thou have of life? Pay the price and take it."
- Henry David Thoreau

26 February 2013

Well Done, Nicho!

(I thought I had already posted this.  In June.  You know, when it happened.....)

The thing you need to know about my son Spencer is that he only does something if he wants to do it.  From a parenting standpoint, this can be a frustrating character trait, but the flip side is that once he decides to do something, come H#@$ or high water, that thing gets DONE!  No amount of nay-saying or lack of encouragement on the part of others can keep him from accomplishing a goal once he sets his mind to it.

So it was with High School.  During his Sophomore and Junior years, my darling cherub had, to say the least, a love-hate relationship with school.  This resulted in his Senior year starting with him being short several of the credits he needed to graduate on time with his classmates.  "Several" here having the meaning "so many that the administration told him it was mathematically impossible for him to earn enough credits to graduate on time."

The number of credits earned by an average Hellgate student in one year: 7
The number of  credits earned by MY Hellgate student his Senior year: 13
The number of grey hairs earned by Spencer's mother his Senior year: (undisclosed)
   
Her very favourite guy in the whole wide universe and world!
 I am so grateful that the word "CAN'T" is not part of this child's vocabulary.  (WON'T, maybe, but never CAN'T.)

1 comment:

upsadaisy said...

Has it really been that long since I have seen your children?????? Holy manhood. And we won't talk about the beautiful young lady, I have no idea who that is:) I sure miss you guys. Well done, mama. Well done, Spencer.